Have you wanted to grow deeper in understanding Christian Community Development? Would you be refreshed by growing with those who are already living it out? CCDA Carolina is a group of North Carolinians who desire to walk alongside you as you seek to grow deeper in and live out the principles that embody Christian Community Development. Contributors who are living out the CCD principles in their local context have agreed to submit articles that revolve around the theme of the below principles. They have also agreed to provide practical examples of what it looks like to live out these principles.
Here are the core Christian Community Development principles:
- Relocation – living among the people
- Reconciliation – between people and God as well as between people
- Redistribution – just distribution of resources
- Leadership Development – developing leaders from the community
- Listening to the Community – hearing the dreams, ideas, and hopes from the community as well as the needs
- Church-Based – development taking place through the local churches
- Wholistic – pursuing wholistic restoration, not partial restoration
- Empowerment – empowering the community to meet their own needs
We invite you to enter the community conversation around these topics. Help the entire community grow by providing your insight and CCD perspectives through the comment sections.
We look forward to journeying with you.